Southern Pioneer Electric is accepting applications for its 2023 scholarship contest. $22,000 in scholarships will be given out to students within Southern Pioneer’s service territory. To be considered for a scholarship, students must meet the criteria outlined within Southern Pioneer Electric’s scholarship application:
- Students must attend high school, be a 2023 spring graduate and reside within the district of one of the schools within our service territory. Eligible schools include: Ashland, Cunningham, Kiowa County, Kiowa South Barber, Liberal, Medicine Lodge, Minneola, Satanta, Skyline, South Central, Southwestern Heights, and Sublette.
- Complete the application on the cooperative’s website .
- Submit a one-page resume stating future plans, activities the student participated in, accomplishments, honors, community involvement and employment. Please do not include references.
- Submit a seventh-semester transcript (official or certified copy) from the student’s high school. Transcripts may be mailed to Southern Pioneer at:
Southern Pioneer Electric Scholarship Program
c/o Ruby Terrazas
PO Box 1177
Liberal, KS 67901
Transcripts may also be emailed by a staff member of the student’s school to email@example.com
- A brief, five to ten sentence, paragraph detailing why the student would be a good recipient of the scholarship. Space for the paragraph is available within the application.
Students must submit their application no later than 12 P.M. on March 9, 2023 to be considered for this year’s scholarships. Questions about Southern Pioneer Electric’s scholarship program and the 2023 application may be directed to Ruby Terrazas, energy services coordinator by calling 1 (800) 670-4381 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.